SEARCH FOR MORE HERE

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

How to Make a DIY Surprise Balls

How to Make a DIY Surprise Balls

I’ll never forget the first time I unraveled my first surprise ball. My smile only got bigger and bigger as a glorious pile of brightly colored paper started to form after more and more wonderfully trivial prizes were revealed. By the end, I was left wanting more. So obviously, I had to figure out how to make my own so that I could share the same joy with my friends. Hope you enjoy making these as much as I did!



You’ll need:
fine crepe paper in 10 colors
10 assorted nostalgic candy and toys
dresden trim or glitter (optional)
quick drying glue





Prepare the supplies by cutting the fine crepe paper, lengthwise, into three 1″ strips per color. When picking out the toys, candy, and surprises, be sure to select an assortment of sizes from larger round shaped items to small flat items. Start by wrapping the largest item. Work in a criss cross pattern to cover as much surface area as possible.



After reaching the end of the first strip continue adding 2 more strips of the same color. Put a small dab of glue at the end of the last strip and seal.



Add another larger item and continue wrapping.



Add another item where there may be a space for it – start thinking about where to properly place items in order to form the shape of a ball.



Continue adding items and wrapping . . .



The ball should be taking shape. Save the smaller, flatter item for the last few wraps.



Almost done!



Last wrap!!



Once the ball is finished, decorate the ball with thinner strips and dresden trim.



And you’re finished. They are perfect to stuff stockings with, to give guests as party favors, or to pass around at dinner parties . . . but honestly, does there need to be an excuse to gift someone a surprise ball?!



Posted by Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks